Medical protection on the move
It is always exciting to move into new roles or turn a new page of life entering retirement. Life could never be better as now you can carry the very best of your medical protection with you.
As an existing member of an AXA group medical insurance scheme¹ , you, your dependants and immediate family can continue to enjoy peace of mind from a comprehensive medical protection that PortaProtection (“the Plan”) can provide² . It is also designed to top-up your group medical insurance coverage, enhancing coverage for yourself and your family. The Plan features lifetime coverage and worldwide protection. Existing members of an AXA group medical insurance scheme can enjoy guaranteed acceptance and no underwriting is required when applying for PortaProtection.
Continuity of your existing group medical benefits³
Whether you are moving from one employer to another or planning to retire, you will still be able to maintain the comprehensive medical coverage which you used to enjoy. Even if you join a new group medical insurance scheme provided by your new employer in future, PortaProtection can still be a supplement to your medical plan.
No underwriting is required⁴ and guaranteed acceptance⁵
Any existing members of an AXA group medical insurance scheme from 15 days up to age 64 can enjoy guaranteed acceptance, with no requirement for a medical questionnaire or screening.
Coverage for pre-existing conditions⁶
Unlike most other individual health insurance plans, for existing members of an AXA group medical insurance scheme, PortaProtection will cover pre-existing conditions if you have been continuously insured under an AXA group medical insurance scheme and / or PortaProtection for at least 12 consecutive months. (Please refer to section Example on the coverage for pre-existing condition of this product brochure for details.)
Lifelong protection and guaranteed renewal⁷
You will enjoy lifetime guaranteed annual renewal of your PortaProtection policy irrespective of your health condition. Be rest assured that wherever life takes you, you will continue to benefit from comprehensive medical protection.
Comprehensive reimbursement of medical expense³
PortaProtection enables you to obtain the medical treatment of your choice by providing you with comprehensive reimbursement protection of a proportionate amount or full amount of the actual medical expenses incurred (depending on your plan chosen), covering expenses relating to hospital room & board, intensive care, surgery, hospital expenses, cancer / renal dialysis treatment, advanced diagnostic imaging and out-patient surgery, etc.
An option of deductible amount⁸ to suit your different medical needs in your life journey
If you are currently covered by an AXA group medical insurance scheme or other medical plans, you may top up your medical protection at preferential premium rates by choosing a plan with deductible. To provide you with more flexibility in retirement planning, you are allowed to remove the deductible at age 55, 60 or 65 of the insured person within 30 days before the relevant policy anniversary without providing further evidence of insurability of the insured person.
Design your own medical plan with flexibility
You can tailor your plan with:
- different levels of hospital and surgical benefits
- deductible for designated plans
- optional out-patient benefits
Family Care Services⁹
In case of hospitalisation due to accidental bodily injury, you will be entitled to a series of Family Care Services for your home, child(ren) and pet.
Enrollment Hotline :
(852) 2519 1213
Business Hour :
Monday - Friday: 09:00 - 20:00
Except Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays
Customer Services Hotline :
(852) 2519 1281
Business Hour :
Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Except Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays
- An AXA group medical insurance scheme refers to a selected group medical insurance scheme provided by AXA General Insurance Hong Kong Limited or AXA China Region Insurance Company Limited (“AXA”).
- Subject to age limitation and eligibility. Please refer to sections PortaProtection at a glance and Enrolment guidelines of this product brochure for details.
- Insured person is required to declare if he / she has any coverage of group medical insurance scheme provided by any insurance company upon claim request. Claim payment shall be made against the group medical policy of the insured person first (if any). Any unpaid portion of the eligible expense shall then be paid under the PortaProtection policy (subject to the coverage under the policy).
- No underwriting is required for eligible existing members of an AXA group medical insurance scheme who can enjoy guaranteed acceptance. Health declaration is required for eligible applicants who are not existing members of an AXA group medical insurance scheme and the applications of such eligible applicants are subject to underwriting approval. Exclusions may apply.
- Application will not be accepted if any applicant has cancelled a PortaProtection policy previously.
- Except for any exclusions applicable to the insured person as stated under the relevant AXA group medical insurance scheme or the PortaProtection plan.
- Premium rates are not guaranteed and terms and conditions of renewal may also change. AXA reserves the right to review and adjust the premium rates on each policy anniversary of the PortaProtection policy. The premium may be adjusted based on factors including but not limited to the attained age of the insured person, medical trend and AXA’s claims experience.
- Deductible (if applicable) is the aggregate amount of eligible expenses claimed that the insured person will have to bear each policy year before any medical benefits are payable under PortaProtection. The policyholder may apply for adding or removing the deductible (if applicable) at each policy anniversary subject to our underwriting acceptance of the insured person, or may apply for removing the deductible (if applicable) of the policy at age 55, 60 or 65 of the insured person within 30 days before the relevant policy anniversary without providing further evidence of insurability on the insured person. The right of removal of the deductible (if applicable) can only be exercised once in the lifetime of the insured person. For the avoidance of doubt, acceptance or non- acceptance by AXA of the any addition or removal of the deductible (if applicable) must be confirmed in writing by AXA before the change can become effective.
- This service is applicable to the insured person age 18 or above and will be provided in Hong Kong only. The provision of services is subject to the terms and conditions of the Family Care Services Programme. This programme is offered by AXA and administrated by a third-party service provider. AXA reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions thereof from time to time without prior notice. AXA shall not be responsible for any services so provided or any act or failure to act on the part of the third-party service provider.
- The spouse of an existing member of an AXA group medical insurance scheme may apply for PortaProtection together with such existing member under the same application or on his / her own under a separate application. For a child of an existing member of an AXA group medical insurance scheme, if the child has attained the age of 15 days and is under the age of 19 (or under the age of 23 if he is registered as and is a full-time student at a recognised educational institution) and is an unmarried person and financially solely dependent upon the existing member, he must apply together with the existing member under the same application. All insured person(s) under the same application must be covered by the same plan level.
- Child(ren) shall mean any person who has attained the age of 15 days and is under the age of 19 (or up to the age of 23 if he is registered as and is a full-time student at a recognised educational institution) and is an unmarried person and financially solely dependent upon the existing member.
- The premium may be adjusted on each policy anniversary based on factors including but not limited to the attained age of the insured person, medical trend and AXA’s claims experience.
- The effective date for coverage under PortaProtection will be the first day of a month. In the event an application is not submitted on the first day of the month, the effective date for coverage under PortaProtection will be the first day of the following month. Likewise, if the member’s last day of coverage under AXA’s group medical insurance scheme is not the last day of a month, the effective date for PortaProtection will be the first day of the month in which the membership under AXA’s group medical insurance scheme is terminated in order to ensure continuous coverage. If the applicant happens to be hospitalised before the day the coverage would otherwise become effective, his / her PortaProtection coverage will only commence on the first day after he / she is discharged from the hospital.
- Subject to the successful renewal of the group medical insurance scheme for at least 1 year.
- Such termination of membership cannot be a result of non-renewal of AXA’s group medical insurance scheme.
Information on this webpage is for reference only, and is not intended to be a complete description of the applicable terms and conditions. Please refer to the product brochure and policy contract for detailed terms and benefits. You should not purchase a policy based on the information on this website alone.