At AXA, we strive to empower people to live a better life. To encourage smoke-free culture, we sincerely invite smokers to participate in our AXA “Quit Smoking Incentive” Programme (the “Programme”) so as to achieve healthier living.
If smokers successfully submit the application for any new designated health and protection basic plan and its designated supplements (if applicable) at any time as long as the Programme has not ended, they may be invited to enrol in the AXA “Quit Smoking Incentive” Programme. If they successfully quit smoking within a designated period, they will have a chance to receive a reward which equals to the first 2 years’ smoker and non-smoker premium differences! They will be charged a non-smoker premium thereafter.
|Designated Health and Protection Insurance Basic Plans|
|HealthElite Critical Illness Insurance||Cancer Therapy Insurance II|
|HealthVital II Major Illness Plan||Cancer And Stroke Therapy Insurance|
|HealthSelect II Major Illness Plan||CritiPartner Critical Illness Plan|
|CritiPartner Plus Critical Illness Plan|
|Cancer Therapy Insurance II Supplement||HealthVital II Early Stage Major Illness Supplement|
|Cancer And Stroke Therapy Insurance Supplement||HealthVital II Multiple Benefit Supplement|
|Early Stage Major Illness III Supplement||HealthVital II Multiple Benefit (Enhancer) Supplement|
|Multiple Benefit III Supplement||HealthElite Enhanced Benefit Supplement|
|Multiple Benefit III (Enhancer) Supplement||Waiver of Premium Supplement|
|Smart Term Supplement||Smart 10-Year Term First (1st) Year Free Supplement|
For details of the plans, please leave your contact details and we will contact you shortly.
1. AXA “Quit Smoking Incentive” Programme (the “Programme”) is offered by AXA China Region Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) (“AXA”), subject to the following terms and conditions.
2. Subject to availability on a first come first served basis, the Programme is applicable only if all of the following requirements are satisfied:
a. Customers successfully submit the applications for any new designated health and protection insurance basic plans and its designated supplements (if applicable) stated below at any time as long as the Programme has not ended.
Designated Health and Protection Insurance Basic Plans
- HealthElite Critical Illness Insurance
- HealthVital II Major Illness Plan
- HealthSelect II Major Illness Plan
- Cancer Therapy Insurance II
- Cancer And Stroke Therapy Insurance
- CritiPartner Critical Illness Plan
- CritiPartner Plus Critical Illness Plan
- HealthElite Enhanced Benefit Supplement
- HealthVital II Early Stage Major Illness Supplement
- Early Stage Major Illness III Supplement
- HealthVital II Multiple Benefit Supplement
- HealthVital II Multiple Benefit (Enhancer) Supplement
- Multiple Benefit III Supplement
- Multiple Benefit III (Enhancer) Supplement
- Cancer Therapy Insurance II Supplement
- Cancer And Stroke Therapy Insurance Supplement
- Smart Term Supplement
- Smart 10-Year Term First (1st) Year Free Supplement
- Waiver of Premium Supplement
For the avoidance of doubt, if the designated supplement(s) is(are) attached to a non-designated basic plan, none of them will be eligible for this Programme; and
b. Every such designated health and protection insurance basic plan and its designated supplement(s) (if applicable) must be successfully issued within 60 calendar days following submission of applications under clause 2(a); and
c. The insured of the designated health and protection insurance basic plan and its designated supplement(s) (if applicable) is a smoker. For the purpose of this Programme, a smoker is defined as anyone who has smoked or used any tobacco or smokeless tobacco products within the last 12 months immediately preceding the application of the designated health and protection insurance basic plan and its designated supplement(s) (if applicable) and is charged a smoker premium; and
d. The designated health and protection insurance basic plan and its designated supplement(s) (if applicable) must be issued/ effective with standard premium; and
e. The insured is at least 18 years old at the time of application for the designated health and protection insurance basic plan and its designated supplement(s) (if applicable).
Designated health and protection insurance basic plans and its designated supplement(s) (if applicable) satisfying clauses 2(a) – (e) above hereafter referred to as “Eligible Policy(ies)”
3. Upon satisfying the requirements as specified in clause 2 above, with the condition that the requirements as set out in this clause are also satisfied and completed, the policy owner of the Eligible Policy(ies) will receive the premium difference between smoker and non-smoker status for the 1st and 2nd policy year of the Eligible Policy(ies) (the “Reward”). In addition, AXA will change the smoker status to non-smoker on the Eligible Policy(ies) and the policy owner will be charged a non-smoker premium thereafter:
a. Complete an online enrolment form for the Programme. The enrolment form will be sent to the policy owner's registered email address provided on the insurance application form of the Eligible Policy(ies) and must be completed within 1 month upon receipt; and
b. Complete the steps as specified in another email, which will be sent to the policy owner by AXA at a later stage containing the redemption letter and the declaration form (the “Email”), within 4 months upon receipt:
i. Conduct a cotinine test at an AXA designated clinic and obtain a negative cotinine test result. The redemption letter to take the cotinine test at a designated clinic will be attached to the Email (the “Redemption Letter”) and the insured must present the Redemption Letter at one of the designated clinics stated on the Email to conduct the cotinine test. The cotinine test must be taken on or before the expiry date as stated on the Redemption Letter. The cotinine test result will be sent to AXA directly by the designated clinic. For the avoidance of doubt, AXA will not accept any cotinine test results conducted at a clinic other than those designated in the Redemption Letter;
ii. Sign and submit a declaration form attached to the Email (the “Declaration Form”). The insured must sign the Declaration Form. If the policy owner is not the insured, both the policy owner and the insured’s signatures are required. The signed Declaration Form must be sent to AXA by mail at the expenses of the policy owner and/or insured; and
c. The insured has no claims history at AXA; and
d. Regardless of which payment mode, all premiums due must be fully paid at the time when the Reward is credited to the future premium deposit account of the Eligible Policy(ies) (the “Account”), failing which the Reward will not be credited to the Account.
4. AXA will only bear the costs of the cotinine test conducted at the designated clinics. Any other tests conducted at the designated clinics will not be accepted and covered by AXA.
5. When all requirements specified in clause 3 are satisfied, the Reward will be credited to the Account and the Eligible Policy(ies) must be in force when the Reward is credited to the Account.
6. When all requirements specified in clause 3 are satisfied and the smoker status of the Eligible Policy(ies) has been changed, the Guaranteed Cash Value of CritiPartner Critical Illness Plan, HealthElite Critical Illness Insurance, HealthVital II Major Illness Plan and/ or HealthSelect II Major Illness Plan may be different from the initial illustration of their designated health and protection insurance basic plan.
7. If the requirements stated in clause 3 are satisfied before the 22nd policy month, the change of smoker status and updated Guaranteed Cash Value of the Eligible Policy(ies) will be reflected in the 2nd policy anniversary statement. In any event, the policy owner may contact AXA and request an updated illustration summary at any time.
8. AXA (i) applies all or part of the Reward in the Account to offset any future premiums of the Eligible Policy(ies) from time to time as AXA deems appropriate; and (ii) restricts withdrawal of the Reward from the Account. If the Eligible Policy(ies) shall terminate for whatever reasons, the Reward in the Account which has not been used to settle future premium will be forfeited and refunded to AXA.
9. The Reward is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash under any circumstances.
10. The dates appearing in AXA’s records will be conclusive.
11. AXA reserves the right to alter or terminate the Programme (in whole or in part) and/or amend the relevant Terms and Conditions of the Programme at any time without prior notice. An application for Eligible Policy(ies) under the Programme previously approved will not be affected by subsequent alteration or termination of the Programme and/or amendments to its Terms and Conditions.
12. If the customer is also entitled to other prevailing offer(s) in respect of the same Eligible Policy(ies), AXA reserves the right to provide only one of such offer(s) to the customer at AXA’s sole discretion.
13. The cotinine test is provided by an external third party and is subject to the Terms and Conditions stated in the Redemption Letter. AXA is not the supplier of the cotinine test and shall have no obligation or liability whatsoever in relation thereto. Any disputes arising from the cotinine test shall be resolved between the policy owner and/or insured and the external third party directly.
14. This Programme is not applicable to companies as policy owners.
15. This webpage contains general information only. It does not constitute any offer for a basic plan or supplement. For detailed terms, conditions and exclusions of the relevant basic plan and supplements, please refer to the relevant proposals, product brochures and policy contracts.
16. The eligibility of the Reward is not guaranteed. Such application is subject to AXA’s approval. In any case of dispute, the decision of AXA shall be final and conclusive.
(Only for use in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region)